31 March 2014

Journal Day \\ six

Everyone has different things that keep them going. Sometimes it's the people around us, other times it might be what's waiting for us on the other side of hard work. Whatever it may be, there's usually some sort of motivation to get up every day, get things done, or maybe even go the extra mile. With that said, what would you say is your biggest motivation in life? Has it always been this way? 


Photo by @wanderingseth
I read this prompt on Sunday & have been thinking about it since. I knew that many people would post that their children are their biggest motivation, but I know this isn't the case for me. We're not there yet. I hope that someday it will be my biggest motivation, but that's not what either of us wants right now.

I think everyone goes through a phase in life where they're a little bit selfish. Every year, I find I'm less so, but my life is still primarily about me. What I want, who I want to be, what I want to do. It's evolved from those angsty teenager days of true selfishness & it will continue to evolve as I add more pieces to my puzzle. One of the more recent additions has been N. 

This guy motivates me in many ways. He's my example of patience & the calm to my storm. He reminds me not to make a mountain out of a molehill (although I often still do). He's the easygoing, optimistic one, & this inspires me to look at things from his perspective. Think before you speak, you know? 

Another big motivator was born of Fitness Friday. These Friday workouts started over a year ago & I honestly never expected much to come of them. I honestly kind of figured it would remain the couple of us in Solutions, being goofs at the end of the week. Somehow, it took off though & when I don't feel like writing up a workout, these people that show up every week motivate me to do so. It's for them that I keep doing this & because of them that I look forward to Fridays for a reason other than the weekend. 

My biggest motivation in life is myself though. I'm happiest when I feel strong, healthy, and successful. There are so many things that contribute to these feelings - eating healthy, spending time with family & friends, working out, finishing a project at work, having people enjoy something I've written...so. many. things. I guess in a way that means that what's waiting for me on the other side of hard work motivates me as well. I think that's a big reason why I love CrossFit. Why I love cooking (& eating, & thinking about food, & planning travel around eating). Why I love being busy. Why I love planning. 

...

This is my sixth post in response to Danielle's Journal Prompt. For the prompts & other responses, check out Danielle's blog Sometimes Sweet. Learn more about the project here

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?