6 March 2014

Journal Day \\ three

They say hindsight is 20/20, and with good reason- looking back at something always gives us a better view. We're often able to really see how our choices and decisions then shaped our today, and examine what we would have done differently given the chance. When looking back though, we often look way back, but for this exercise stay a little closer to present time and look back just 12 months. If you could go back just one year, what would you tell yourself? What advice would you offer about everything you've experienced?


This past year has felt like a big one. I've echoed this statement so often on this blog that I'm second guessing myself now as I say it, thinking everyone's tired of hearing about this year. Here I am, believing wholeheartedly in the truth behind it, though.

Guys, this year.

You know the big events that took place this year in my life so I won't list them here for you now. There have been many great moments & I'm so very grateful for every single one of them. If I could go back just one year, the advice I would give myself would be to hang on. Hang on, girl - they'll be gone before you know it. 

I'd also tell myself to let go. Let go of the sadness. Don't let the heaviness drag you down. Take N's advice - pick yourself up & brush it off. (In a way, that actually fits in well with my New Years resolution to choose happiness too.) Stop dwelling on the things you can't change. I think that one will always be a work in progress. 

Even this wedding planning process is flying by, just as I was warned it would. I didn't realize how quickly it would all happen though. It seems like just yesterday I was calling venues & looking up all the information I could get my hands on about Kelowna Weddings. We're well into the planning process now & summer is quickly approaching. What is it about aging that seems to speed up time? Remember when a two minute time-out felt like an eternity? Sometimes I feel like I'm bouncing from weekend to weekend, barely noticing the days in between. (Somehow not while I'm physically at my desk though. Funny how that works.)

There's nothing I would change about this past year - I'm so so fortunate in this life. The only real thing I would change is how I looked at each situation, how I dealt with it, & how I choose to remember it. 

& isn't that the way it should be? You can't always control the things that happen, but you can control how you react to them. 

...


Check out Danielle's response to this prompt over on her blog, Sometimes Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?