30 November 2013

Living Abroad

I started this blog while living abroad in 2008. I wanted a way to document that time in my life as well as write, be creative, and keep in touch with friends. My time in France was not only one of the inspirations for this blog but also one of the most rewarding and incredible experiences of my life.

I think about France often. Honestly, I think about travel in general a lot, but especially both of my experiences living in France. I've said countless times that I think travel (and especially solitary travel) is one of the best things you can do in your twenties. Those experiences have shaped me in so many ways and I know I'd be a very different person today without them.

I'm grateful I was given the opportunity to live abroad twice. I've been told that I'm brave for having the ability to take these opportunities and run with them. It's hard to always see yourself in that way - a lot of the things I've done in my life were possible because of the support of my family and friends. For them, I am also very grateful. A lot I accomplished because of sheer determination. I'm a stubborn person and I knew I'd regret not taking the chances I did. It took a lot of research, planning, and many missteps along the way, but I made it. 

I've told so many people to go travelling or go live abroad but I realized the other day that I've never really written about the how or the why. I think it's time to change that. I look forward to looking back on my experiences and sharing them in this series and I hope it helps someone who needs that extra push.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?