21 June 2013

Summer To-Do List

Columbia Lake
Considering yesterday Calgary and its surrounding communities and cities declared a state of emergency due to flooding from heavy rainfall, it's hard to believe summer has arrived today. Inspired by a couple other bloggers and the first day of one of my favourite seasons (who am I kidding, I love them all!), I put together a little summer to-do list of some of the things I'd like to do. 

1. Enjoy cocktails with friends. I want to host a cocktail party but I envision this being outside and that's not an option for us due to our lack of outdoor space. Elsie of A Beautiful Mess has been posting a ton of amazing sounding cocktail recipes that I am dying to try! 
2. Take advantage of the mountains. Go hiking and backpacking. The rockies are too close not to take advantage of!
3. Experience more Calgary events. Street Festivals, Food Truck Events, Fun Runs...Take advantage of some of the fun local things happening around Calgary. Play tourist at home a little bit. 
4. Take a road trip. I can't wait for our trip to Vancouver, Portland, Seattle, and Kelowna. I love a good road trip and I love visiting new cities. 
5. Attend an outdoor concert. I bought tickets for Folk Fest. I've heard great things about it so it's about time I did a full day at Prince's Island. 
6. Nail a handstand. I've been practicing and I'm determined to nail a decent handstand. The summer I was nine, I had a similar goal, but with cartwheels. What I'm saying is that I'm an nine-year-old at heart.
7. Get away with the girls. Boys will be boys, so let's leave them at home and have our own fun. I'm thinking some lake time is in order. Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone and make up some cocktails too!
8. Rock a flip flop tan and some freckles. Nothing says summer to me better than sunkissed skin and tan lines from my havaianas. Come on Calgary, bring on the sunshine!
9. Bike to work as much as possible! We live in the perfect neighbourhood to take advantage of biking to work. It's such a great way to start the day. 
10. Spend time outside daily. Summer always flies by. I'll save my hermitting for winter, when darkness sets in before I leave work and the ground is frozen for months. 

Enjoy the first day of summer! What do you plan to do this season? \

Nashville North
Wedding Shower
Wakeboarding

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?