I'm using a different method to post this month's Instagram recap. You'll have to let me know if you like it. It's significantly less time consuming than my previous methods, which I'm always a fan of. It might not be the best quality though. I really wish tables with photos weren't such a pain in blogger. It takes me back to my first website, when I almost always chose to write in html. Now, I'm the complete opposite. I find I'm much more motivated to blog about what's going on than to write a bunch of html to get those thoughts up there. Maybe one day I'll get back into it, but for now I'm still wishing on a better way to add tables. You hear that, blogger! Get on it. We like tables. & while you're at it, I'd like to put two photos side by side & have them look nice, without using photoshop. Consider it my blogging Christmas Wishlist. I'm sure I'm not the first to want these things!
Here's what we got up to this November:
1. We started off the month with Banff Winterstart. It's an 8 km night run up Banff's Tunnel Mountain. N & a few of our friends dressed as penguins. I highly recommend this run. We had a great time!
2. Rouladen has always been a winter favourite for my family. I wanted to share that with N, so I made a paleo version. It was delicious!
3. Saturday morning coffee in bed has become a staple lately. N gets up at 9:30 & puts coffee on. He likes to get up & play games, while I sit in bed & read. I like these kind of slow starts.
4. I've been writing Thank Yous all month. I really wanted them to be genuine so I took my time. Sometimes wine was involved. My desk is messy.
5. I've been making an effort to workout more this month. As soon as the temperature dropped, my motivation evaporated, but this month I made an effort to get my butt moving at least four times a week. Many burpees were involved.
6. We got a beautiful Staub Cast-Iron Grill Pan as a Wedding Gift & christened it with some delicious grass-fed beef. This is my kind of Friday evening at home.
7. Brunch at OEB is a monthly thing for us. Their breakfast poutine is by far the absolute best way to start the day. I literally compare every breakfast to theirs. It's always worth the wait.
8. D & I had a girls night with some of her coworkers last week. We grabbed dinner & drinks & then hit the mall for some shopping during the 'Twas the Night event.
9. My awesome optometrist (& friend!) hooked me up with some awesome Ray Bans. I'm really excited for longer days so I can more wear out of them.