13 December 2013

Currently










Reading 
Game of Thrones. Still. I've been reading this forever and really need to finish it. Perhaps doing a currently post with motivate me to get back on the reading train. It's embarrassing to post the same thing every time. I also have a subscription to Runner's World so I monthly put books on the side burner to read my magazines. 

Watching
Love Actually, Home Alone. I'm trying to get into this the Christmas Spirit like everyone else. It's not Christmas until I've seen Love Actually, It's a Wonderful Life, and Miracle on 34th Street. N grew up with the 90s version of Miracle on 34th Street and I grew up with the original 1947 version. Personally, I can't get into the newer version. Natalie Wood is the only Susan Walker in my world. 

Making
I've tried to be creative with our meal plans lately instead of falling back to the same old recipes time after time. There's been a fair bit of experimenting lately. I should also make some cookies again soon. I tested this recipe recently and I can't even tell that they're paleo. Win. I've started making my usual Christmas Cards. At least my lack of Christmas Spirit isn't coupled with a lack of creativity? 

Feeling
Ready to escape this winter weather. We're finally out of the deep freeze for a bit, but I'm very ready for our trip to Mexico at the end of January. 

Loving
The next few weeks full of family and friends. We've got my Christmas Party, family dinners, cocktail parties, and a weekend in Banff coming up and then it's Christmas. It should be a fun few weeks. 

Thinking 
Too much. All the time. & wishing I'd learn to stop overthinking everything all the time. Maybe someday I'll actually get it. Until then I'll be here, driving myself crazy with my hypothetical scenarios. 

Craving 
Everything I know I shouldn't eat. I think my body wants to add an extra layer of fat to keep me warm in these subzero temperatures. I'm especially craving anything involving melted cheese. Raclette and Poutine top the list. How French of me...

Struggling 
Things have felt off lately and I can't quite put my finger on why and what to do about it. 

Wearing 
Pants. Way too often. I don't particularly like wearing dress pants, but it's been much too cold for dresses and tights lately so I've had to suck it up. I hope the temperatures rise a little bit so I can get back to my usual winter wear. 

Catching up 
On blog posts and taking pictures and posting. Maybe someday I'll get this down? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?