31 March 2013

Café


It's no secret that I love coffee. A good cup of coffee is my favourite way to start the day. I have a stove top espresso maker and I love having time to make delicious coffee on the weekends. Even better though, is heading to a local coffee shop for a cappuccino or an americano. I've been drinking Fratello Coffee for a while at the Calgary Farmer's Market and it's what goes in our stove top espresso maker. Now they also have a great shop on 17th avenue called Analog Coffee and it is fast becoming my favourite.

When we did strict paleo, I made an effort to drink my coffee black more often and Fratello made this significantly easier. N has always drank his black, but I was a milk and raw sugar girl myself. Mostly, this is just a necessity due to the terrible coffee at work. I've come to enjoy my weekend coffee without any sugar, but I still love a delicious cappuccino from time to time.

Some days there's nothing better than a delicious cappuccino, a pain au chocolat, and some blank journal pages. Fratello is such a great place to enjoy these simple joys. It takes me back to living in France. Journals are such a great way to keep track of travel, but I often forget how great it can be to do the same back home, when life is far more average.

Not only does Fratello have delicious coffee, but the cafe itself is really beautiful as well. My photos of it aren't the greatest, sadly. (I was feeling a little self conscious trying to get them. I should work on that.) I guess you'll all just have to check out for yourselves.




N and I were running low on coffee so we had to stop by again last weekend. Sometimes life is really tough.

I also convinced N to take some outfit photos after the pumpkin pancakes recipe photos. It was a gorgeous day; leather jacket weather is finally here! Most of the photos turned out pretty funny, but I got a couple that I like so here goes: first real outfit photos.

I've been wearing these little booties a lot since I got them. It wasn't quite warm enough for bare legs last weekend, but I've worn them a few times since without tights. So exciting!

I find myself getting really excited for spring fashion every year around now. It's probably the same with the start of other seasons, but all I'm thinking about is how satisfying it is to pull my leather jacket out of the back of my closet.

I already mentioned how much I love the inside of Analog Coffee but the exterior is just as great. I love this large, graphic A on the side as well as the A in the concrete at the threshold, the doors, and the large front windows. 
 
I love slow-paced weekends sometimes. It's so nice to sleep in, grab coffee together, and enjoy the gorgeous weather. We're usually running from one thing to the next and before I know it it's Monday already.

Coming out of the long weekend, I'm already wishing I could have one more day to relax. We had a great Easter weekend that seemed to last for much longer than three days, but I'm still not ready for work tomorrow morning. I guess that's what happens after a great long weekend!

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?